Editing the "Edit Contents" button caption

Tim_Brigham July 10, 2013

We have a number of people in my organization that don't speak English perticularly well. I would like to relable the "Edit Contents" button with something like "Fill Form" to more easily distinguish between the two buttons.

I was thinking that I might be able to do something with the style sheet in the GUI, maybe a config file?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

Hi Tim,

This is possible if you edit the correct properties file within the plugin jar file.

What you should do is the following:

1. Download the plugin
  2. Open the file with your favourite zip program and extract all content.
  3. Open the scaffolding-plugin-x.x.x.jar file and extract the content.
  4. Find the i18n.properties file located in the \net\customware\confluence\plugin directory
  5. Edit the lines that say navlink.editscaffold=Edit Contents and editscaffold.name=Edit Contents to navlink.editscaffold=Fill Form and editscaffold.name=Fill Form
  6. Repackage everything back into the jar file and them repackage the jar file back into the obr file.
  7. Install the plugin

You could also just search your confluence plugin directory for the correct jar or properties file and change it directly in those files.

Keep in mind that you will need to redo these changes everytime you upgrade the plugin.

Best regards,

Peter

Tim_Brigham July 11, 2013

Exactly what I needed to know, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events