Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the 'Expand' macro?

Anna June 24, 2022

Hello!

I'm trying to edit the 'Expand' macro, but I'm a bit confused. I can only find legacy editor documentation about this, and all the solutions I've found link to that page.

I'm just wondering if it's possible? The floating toolbar only allows me to delete the macro.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Anna June 27, 2022

Hi Laura, thanks for your reply!

This is what I mean: 

brave_f77Lv3mrSX.pngI would like to edit this macro, but I can only seem to bin it. Is this intended?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

With the legacy editor you did need to open a configuration panel to set the name, but now with the new editor you can just click where it says "Give this expand a title" and start typing.

Then to add to the expand, just click inside the box below the title to add content.

Anna July 1, 2022

Thank you for your answer, but that isn't what I meant.

I'm guessing it's not possible to edit the macro to make it look different? Like making the grey text black, for example, or increasing the size of the grey text.

ETA: I just found out that expands don't work in PDFs, so I'm afraid I won't be using them.  Thanks for your help anyway!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

Right, the expand macro has never had formatting options. You may want to look into an app for that.

It sounds like you are looking for a formatting solution anyway (with the PDF export) and not a dynamic hide/see content option. Have you tried panels or adding sections?

Anna July 1, 2022

I was hoping the expand would work dynamically in a pdf, but I now understand that it doesn't work that way.

I'm now using a header and normal body text instead of the expand. It makes the document a lot longer, but that's not a big deal. Thanks for your suggestions!

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Hi @Anna 

Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Could help other people try to see where the problem is.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events