Editing space-specific style sheet causes global style sheet to be ignored

When I edit the space-specific style sheet (Edit Space > Look And Feel > Stylesheet) and save my changes, the new styles are applied. However, this causes the global style sheet (Admin > Look And Feel > Stylesheet) to no longer be applied.

Is this a bug? Is there any way around it?

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Matt,

You are complately correct. I duplicated this behavior in my test instance and filed the following bug.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27929

As always please visit this issue and vote on it to add your voice to the conversation. I am attaching this post to further increase its visibility.

Thanks for filing the bug. For a workaround, I created a separate stylesheet and referenced it in the head section of each space's Main Layout decorator.

is it the whole global stylesheet that is ignored? Or are you hitting CSS naming oddness? Since the space sheet is applied later, it will over-write the global one where the CSS references overlap.

Or is it more than that?

Hi Matt thank you for this usefull workaround!

@all: To find out if I got "head section of each space's" correctly I put some

<... border-color: ...>

into the code. It works! Now with next step have I – a confluence-beginner – a problem with the (relative) path of my_wonderfull_space.css: what should I wrote into the href=" ... ?

And directly the next one: Need I (using ftp) a special upload-directory for all the spaces.css or what is the easiest upload way?

Thanks in advance

your Greenhorn

I typically put the CSS files in a directory under /confluence/confluence/includes/css. This is where Atlassian stores their stylesheets by default.

When importing, the location is relative to the /confluence/confluence directory (it's the directory that contains WEB-INF). So my stylesheet tag looks like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/includes/css/pl.css" type="text/css">

I typically put the CSS files in a directory under /confluence/confluence/includes/css. This is where Atlassian stores their stylesheets by default.

When importing, the location is relative to the /confluence/confluence directory (it's the directory that contains WEB-INF). So my stylesheet tag looks like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/includes/css/pl.css" type="text/css">

Thanks a lot!
Now can i really start my css job

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

564 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you