Editing any page gives blank page

Matt Thompson May 15, 2014

Yesterday everything worked, and I'm told there was no updates made.

Today I am unable to edit any page in our confluence. When I try and edit a page i get the editor window and the page title is populated but the rest of the editor window is empty.

If I create a test page, add some text, and save it, the page is saved without any content.

I am experiencing this in both Chrome and Firefox. I have restarted my machine, cleared cache, etc..

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2014

Hey Matt,

As you are saving the content and this is not properly working, giving you only a blank page, even with the performed tests, can you make sure about the following?

# Try to run Confluence under Plugin Safe Mode and check if the issue persists

# Do you have any kind of customisations in the instance, which could be working properly? You can see that in *_Confluence Admin > Look and Feel_* and verify the following:

a) Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.

b) Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.

c) Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.

d) Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default

After giving a try for these procedures, if the same issuer still persists, can you try to raise a support request through https://support.atlassian.comso our engineers can give you a help?

Cheers,

Giuliano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events