Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Confluence Page does not work (on new installation)

Ondrej Lisy August 22, 2013

Hi,

I'm facing the same javascript bug like kazoompa (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/165916/editing-a-confluence-page-does-not-work?page=1#203791). I can't create or edit any page. My second error appears when I click on root "Pages", when I get "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error rendering template for decorator root
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.ApplyDecoratorDirective.render(ApplyDecoratorDirective.java:186)"
Thank you in advance for your help,

Ondrej

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2013

Try to clear of plugin cache. As this is a new installation, I believe there are no customization done on your end, hence it could be a simple plugin cache corruption issue.

If that is not the case, you might need to check the permission of your installation and HOME directory and ensure that OS user that run Confluence has complete privilege against those two directories.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Ondrej Lisy August 25, 2013

Thank you Septa. I did twice the instalation, which probably screwed up ...

BTW: I haven't found any plugin folders to clear on my fresh installation, so finally full delete and reinstallation have helped.

Have a nice day, Ondrej

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

Not a problem. For clarification, you should be able to find those directories here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events