Edit restrictions, hit update, button goes gray, nothing happens

Normally after editing restrictions on a page you hit update, and after a moment the dialog goes away.

Sometimes however the button goes gray, and the dialog just sits there. Nothing changes. All you can do is hit cancel. After that your edits have not taken effect.

Seems to come and go every week or two.

Any thoughts on what causes the "update" button to hang like that ? What can I do to fix it ?

confluence 3.3.1

chrome 19.0.1084.56 m

win 7 32-bit SP1

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2012

Hi,

I would suspect this to be a performance issue of your Confluence instance. I would check the memory usage first, to see if you are on the edge. If this does not give a clue, it would be advisable to check the logs immediately when the problem occurs, maybe you can find more information there.

Cheers,

Peter

atlassian auto-reminders bugging me to resolve the question, so choosing this answer as the most likely, although I cannot be sure without the problem recurring.

Open up the chrome development console - Ctrl-Shift I and look at the console tab when you do it. Do you see any obvious javascript errors?

Hello,

I'd probably check other browser first, since Chrome is not a supported/compatible browser for Confluence 3.3 as outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF33/Supported+Platforms

This should be working fine with other browsers such as Firefox 3, 3.5, 3.6 and/or IE 7, 8.

Cheers.

This seems to be a rare but intermittent problem on our instance. So 95% or 99% of the time things work properly, including in chrome.

The memory suggestion thus seems possible. I'm not the jira admin, so I don't have direct access to the logs. Will try to look next time the issue comes up.

Thanks for the help.

It might be related to customization and plugins. Perhaps you coudl try to revert them to default and check.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

500 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you