Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit restrictions, hit update, button goes gray, nothing happens

keith weng June 29, 2012

Normally after editing restrictions on a page you hit update, and after a moment the dialog goes away.

Sometimes however the button goes gray, and the dialog just sits there. Nothing changes. All you can do is hit cancel. After that your edits have not taken effect.

Seems to come and go every week or two.

Any thoughts on what causes the "update" button to hang like that ? What can I do to fix it ?

confluence 3.3.1

chrome 19.0.1084.56 m

win 7 32-bit SP1

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2012

Hi,

I would suspect this to be a performance issue of your Confluence instance. I would check the memory usage first, to see if you are on the edge. If this does not give a clue, it would be advisable to check the logs immediately when the problem occurs, maybe you can find more information there.

Cheers,

Peter

keith weng October 20, 2012

atlassian auto-reminders bugging me to resolve the question, so choosing this answer as the most likely, although I cannot be sure without the problem recurring.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

It might be related to customization and plugins. Perhaps you coudl try to revert them to default and check.

0 votes
keith weng October 16, 2012

This seems to be a rare but intermittent problem on our instance. So 95% or 99% of the time things work properly, including in chrome.

The memory suggestion thus seems possible. I'm not the jira admin, so I don't have direct access to the logs. Will try to look next time the issue comes up.

Thanks for the help.

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

Hello,

I'd probably check other browser first, since Chrome is not a supported/compatible browser for Confluence 3.3 as outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF33/Supported+Platforms

This should be working fine with other browsers such as Firefox 3, 3.5, 3.6 and/or IE 7, 8.

Cheers.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2012

Open up the chrome development console - Ctrl-Shift I and look at the console tab when you do it. Do you see any obvious javascript errors?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events