Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit office files?

Dharma Monie October 1, 2013

I juts need to know one thing.

Can I upload my office files to confluence (excel & word), and then let my users edit them "online"?
With that i mean - NOT downloading a copy of the file locally to edit it.

IF possible - is there somewhat of versioncontroll? If one file is editied by multiple users?

If I'm editing and someone else starts to edit the same file - what will happen?

Anyone who anser this question will make my day.

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Yes you can do that. It does version the documents for each save. It utilizes WebDAV to do this. There is a macro in the marketplace that will lock the file if someone else is editing it. It is called Arsenale Lockpoint - Attachment Checkout.

The edit in office functionality will only work with IE or Firefox(after installing an extension) ... not Chrome or Safari.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Hi,

I think this documentation answer your question:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+an+Office+Document+from+Confluence

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events