Edit footer in Documentation theme

Bruce Schlueter November 14, 2012

Hi all,

we are using the Documentation theme and would like to change the footer. I have learned that the "powered by Atlassian" has to stay, what we would like to do is change the link for "Report a bug" to our own support. How can I achieve this? We are running Confluence 4.3.2.

Thanks,

Bruce

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2012

Add this to At the end of the HEAD in Confluence Admin | Look & Feel | Custom HTML

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('a[href="http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10470"]').attr('href','http://yourjira/')
  });
</script>

Thanks that worked fine. We haven't got Jira (yet) so I used a mailto instead which suits exactly to our wishes. Thanks a lot.

2 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

Hi,

Alternatively you may also edit the footer-content.vm file under <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL-DIR>/confluence/decorators/includes to customize/remove the link completely.

Kind regards,

Peter

We might think about using this if we get more into Velocity etc. What stops me doing this is also that we are not updatesafe if I understood the documentation correct. But still thanks for your effort.

PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

Hi,

This technically only requires to cahnge this line accordingly:

&lt;li class="noprint"&gt; &amp;nbsp;&amp;middot;&amp;nbsp; &lt;a href="$action.getText('url.bug.feature.request')" class="hover-footer-link"&gt;$action.getText('bug.feature.request')&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;

This is mainly HTML with a few variables, however the solution provided by Bruce is surely more clean and tidy, this is just a possible alternative :)

Cheers,

Peter

Bruce Schlueter December 18, 2012

I just tried your advice and this works fine also. Itgives us the possibility to put our disclaimer at the bottom line.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events