cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit appears on page when I don't have permissions

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2013

Why might Edit be appearing on a Confluence page when i don't have permissions to Edit the page - restrictions are applied.

When I click on it, it says I don't have permissions. But, it's my understanding that I shouldn't see Edit in the menu bar if I don't have permissions, even as an admin, because of these restrictions.

2 answers

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

We have submitted a bug report to Atlassian because the UI should not be different for two different users, each not having edit permissions to the page. One user sees Edit, but gets a permission error when clicking on it; the other user does not see Edit. The correct result for both is that Edit is not shown.

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

Hello There,

I understand your point of view but I suspect that is normal and occurs due to the design of the application (Confluence itself). If you need a help to confirm this, please feel free to raise a support ticket at our support.atlassian.com and we can try to reproduce this behaviour with the same steps that you perform and then check if this is a expected behaviour or maybe can a kind of bug (I think this is expected, but anyway we can check for you).

Cheers,

LJ.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

I disagree. If I login with another user that doesn't have edit permissions to this page, or some other page, they don't see Edit on the screen. I don't understand why my user would have this behavior when I don't have permissions to edit the screen. I'll raise a support ticket as you suggested.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events