Edit an .odt document in Confluence

Hello everyone,

is it possible do edit an odt document directly in confluence? With mozilla firefox and the WebDAV plugin I'm able to edit .doc documents, but not odt's.

Any ideas how to do that?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hello again,

an issue was raised to solve the incompatibilty of .odt documents:   https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40169

Leave a vote so that it will be resolved faster.

Greetings, Daniel

Hi @DM

To edit Office files, you will need to have Microsoft Office or OpenOffice installed. (See the configuration matrix below.)

• If you are using Firefox, you can choose which of the above editors you want to use. The Firefox add-on allows you to configure this option for each file type. See Installing the Firefox Add-On for the Office Connector.
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need Microsoft Office. You cannot edit Office files in OpenOffice when using Internet Explorer.

For odt document use OpenOffice only

Hi @Viktor Okolot [Polontech],

first off, thanks for the answer.

I already have the add-on and it works really good; but only with doc's. When I try to edit an odt document it says I need to download it. Any other suggestions?

As another alternative, if you want to have a mix, AppFusions' Confluence integrations with Alfresco, Box, Dropbox allow you to natively open and edit in OpenOffice natively, from inside Confluence. You can embed the docs into a Confluence page, and there is also cross-system search as well, Pre-requisite is that you need to store your OpenOffice files in one of those repositories.

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 03, 2016

I've demo'd GoEdit and it seems phenomenal – https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.kontextwork.goedit/server/overview

You may want to check it out. The handler seems to be compatible with all filetypes. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you