Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Space's Home Page does not work

Mohamed Sleem January 24, 2018

Hi

I have been building a site to demo to a client in the hope of selling the idea of Confluence to his company.
So far things have been going well but I do have a problem with a home page for a space I created using the Knowledge Base Template.

From the Space tools I can set the correct home page as you can see (sensitive info has been redacted):

Space Home Page issues 02-3.png

But very time I navigate to the site it wont show the home page but instead shows the following:

Space Home Page issues 02.png

For some reason it doesn't show the home page"Knowledge Base" at all on the Pages list above. Even though it shows it in Content tools:

Space Home Page issues 03.png

Another thing I noticed is that there is no Overview page for the Knowledge Base Space. All other Spaces I have created have an Overview Page that shows the home page for that Space:

Space Home Page issues 04.png

Space Home Page issues 05.png

I hope it's a simple setting that I have over looked. 

Thanks in advance.

Moh

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Sleem January 25, 2018

Hi 

I managed to resolve my own issue. In the the landing page of the the Knowledge Base space i noticed a pencil (edit) symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the Space side bar, but it only showed when my mouse hovered over the side bar, so easy to miss if your not aware it exists.

Space Home Page issues 06.png

Anyway I clicked the edit button and it showed me additional icons i could activate to show in the side bar:

Space Home Page issues 07.png

In my case Overview and Blog where not selected, so I selected to enable both and this resolved my issue. However I don't understand why activating a short cut should stop the space from opening up the Space home page when it is selected in Space settings. If someone could explain that, that would great. Otherwise I'm good.

Moh

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Moh,

Thank you for confirming you were able to resolve it.

I believe it was reviewed on our New navigation and a new look blog:

Choose what content lives in your space sidebar: Hover over the bottom right of the space sidebar, and click on the pencil icon that appears to start customizing your sidebar:

• Show or hide content types: Don't use a blog in a particular space? Click the cross to hide it. Need it back again? Hit the plus to bring it back. You can do this for your overview, blog, and any add-on content types, such as questions or calendars. 
  • Add space shortcuts: Add important content to your sidebar using space shortcuts. You can link to pages in the space, other related spaces, or relevant external web content. 
  • Drag to reorder: Reorder your links and content types by dragging and dropping. 

I'm submitting a request now to update the documentation to be more clear, with more images, because that does seem a bit hidden to me.

Were you having any other issues with the new look that I could help you with?

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Here's the page I created to request more images in the documentation:

If you could vote on it in order to show your support, and comment with your experience with the documentation it will be most helpful.

Thank you!

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

Hi Moh,

As a member of the support team I am able to see your Cloud instance at n*****.atlassian.net. When viewing the Knowledge Base space, it goes straight to the homepage and also displays the overview page in the sidebar.

Could you let me know if you were able to resolve this on your own, or if you are simply not seeing it with your user? Are there any other outstanding issues you're running into here?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events