Edit/Share/Add/Tools menu wraps in Chrome under the default theme in Confluence 4.3

Don Gamble October 19, 2012

The Edit / Share / Add / Tools menu wraps, with tools showing below edit, in Chrome when using the default theme. The same issue doesn't exist in the documentation theme.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

Hi, this problem is different I believe, you can either install this plugin to fix it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor-height-fix

or update to Confluence 5.1.3 or later that already has the fix for it.

Kind regards,

Peter

0 votes
Björn Eitmann June 26, 2013

We have the same problem now. The "edit-mode" is a very ver y small area.

Confluence 5.1.2 (Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m)

0 votes
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

It seems the latest version of Chrome (23.0.1271.64) fixes this.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Apart from that, please try to revert your customization such as layout, theme, stylesheet and custom html as these could be the cause of this issue too.

Marley Wynne November 11, 2012

I'm not sure what happened, but sometime in the last week this magically got fixed (we did nothing on our end). Thanks for all the responses!

0 votes
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

This looks like something caused by the rule:

#navigation .ajs-menu-bar {
margin: 10px 0 0 1em;
}
specifically, the 1em.
I have also noticed a similar issue in JIRA here:
.gadget .gadget-menu ul {
float: right;
margin: 0 0 0 1em;
padding: 0;
width: auto;
}

In the file com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard:dashboard.css.

This manifests itself in the dashbard widget menu.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

Hi,

Could you try to temporarily enable plugin safe mode, that will disable any third-party plugins installed and see if the problem persists? If not, the most likely one of those plugins cause this issue.

You could also try the obvious - emptying browser cache - and see if that helps, but I guess you have already tried this.

Cheers,

Peter

Marley Wynne October 23, 2012

Hi Peter! We have the same error in Chrome. Cache has been cleared and enabling plugin safe mode didn't work. Any other ideas (we have a lot of Chrome users)? Cheers!

PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2012

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the issue? I tried to reproduce it using Chrome and 4.3.1 and was unable to do so.

Thanks,

Peter

Marley Wynne October 23, 2012

Hope this helps!

PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2012

Hi,

Judging by the screenshot I suspect that this is not the default theme being used, or at least there are some local customizations (CSS, layout, custom HTML) applied. Could you try temporarily disabling them and see if that helps?

May I know your Confluence & Chrome versions too?

Thanks,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events