Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit RSS feed confluence

Rik Van Der Put May 13, 2015

Since anonymous users cannot receive email notifications about the changes in a specific page, we are thinking of enabling RSS feeds.

The only thing that we would like to hide from an RSS feed is the "Page added by ...", "Page edited by ...", because we don't want the names of our staff being visible, this because of privacy reasons.

Is this possible or is there any workaround?

4 answers

0 votes
Rik Van Der Put May 21, 2015

I'm afraid the CSS option does not work. Any other options?

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Hi David,

Yes, this setting is applied to all pages, not only RSS feed. sad

About the page-metadata.vm file, I just checked and I believe this has been change in the latest Confluence versions, so the in this case I suggest you apply the CSS option:

Go to Confluence Admin >> Stylesheet (Global Stylesheet)

.page-metadata
{
     display:none !important;
}

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Rik Van Der Put May 21, 2015

Hi Luiz,

Thanks for the reply. Two things, if I modified the changes will affect also the pages in confluence not only the RSS feed, right?

Second, my page-metadata.vm only contains this

#skiplink("page-metadata", $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.start"), $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.end"))
    <div class="page-metadata">
        <ul>
            <li class="page-metadata-modification-info">
                #pageByline($page $action.dateFormatter false)
            </li>
        </ul>
    </div>
#end

Am I looking at the wrong place?

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

Hi David,

Yes, it is possible. We'll just need to edit the page-metadata.vm file inside the Confluence Install directory.

Please refer to this guide that will provide you the steps to perform this configuration:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Remove+or+Hide+the+Last+Updated+and+Created+by+Text+on+a+Confluence+Page

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events