Edit Confluence page to display message/info box

banson September 14, 2016

Hi,

I am looking for a way to display a red info macro or custom html at the top of my confluence space pages, and only in cases it's tagged with a specific label.  For example, if a page label includes "techonly" then I want the message box to be displayed and text with something like "Only a technician can assist with this issue"  

I looked a little at the decorator macros and found the #helpicon() but couldn't make it render even while testing.  

Any ideas on how to accomplish?  Good place for info?  

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Well I can't give you an answer, but some suggestions on how to solve this. I would write a user macro that displays  panel macro (or note), if a label is present on the page (fairly straightforward). And I will point you to another answer that should give you a starting point on how to read labels on a page.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/186568

Now this means the macro has to be added to each page, a bit of pain. But it could be made part of a template when creating a page.

banson March 6, 2017

Thanks Bill! (sorry for the delayed response!)I like the idea of adding the usermacro to the "main" template for the space.  Is there a special way to call it or a specific area to call it, like just after body?  ...a lot going on in there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events