EU Cookie Regulations

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

I'm wondering how others in the EU have approached compliance with the EU cookie regulations? I'm using on-demand, so my options are limited - I certainly can't add pop-ups or page elements which automatically load the first time someone visits the wiki. I could put something in the footer, but it would be there permanently of course, or I could put something on the front page. But the likelihood is that few people will approach the wiki for the first time via the front page.

How have others approached this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Alex,

in theory, you can use a popup question or a prominent link or banner on your landing page as far as I have understood it.

I'm not sure how the legal situation in your country is, but, as long as you need a user (not anonymous) you may combine it with the invitation mail. And put all neccessary in that mail.

I'm not sure, if you need it overall, but when you use google analytics you will need something. If you just use cookies for your session tracking, you will not need anything.

When your company is not from EU and your data is not stored in EU (like Ireland), you may not need it even when your working place is in EU.

But, the best answer I can give to you, ask a local lawyer!

Regards

Steve

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

Thanks for the fast response. I certainly intend taking formal advice. I like your suggestion about including something in the invitation email.

Like lk10 game lk10 game likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events