• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • ERROR [main] [com.atlassian.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager] upgrade Exception thrown during upgrade: null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.license.LicenseUtils.getSupportPeriodEnd(LicenseUtils.java:149)

ERROR [main] [com.atlassian.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeManager] upgrade Exception thrown during upgrade: null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.license.LicenseUtils.getSupportPeriodEnd(LicenseUtils.java:149)

I am trying to upgrade the confluence 2.5 version. Once i start the server i am getting the following error:

upgrade Exception thrown during upgrade: null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.license.LicenseUtils.getSupportPeriodEnd(LicenseUtils.java:149)

1 answer

Do you have a valid license?

Yes i have evalution license key.

But I would guess that it's not valid anymore. I mean it's an evaluation license and you're talking about Confluence 2.5 which has been launched like 6 years ago. Check your license details

What do you mean by installing 2.5? Do you have 2.5 installed an running ? AFAIK you'll have to purchase a license, update your license information in Confluence and start updating...

Thanks christain..

I am trying to upgrade confluence 2.5 to 5.0 version. Just started installing with 2.5 version.

I am getting this error before it goes for asking license key .

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

981 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you