Duplicate site names possible?

Hi *

Is there a setting to allow duplicate site names, by permalink url or something like that?

BR

Björn

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

The Scroll Versions plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions allows duplicate page names within a Space by using permalinks, but it is a paid plugin.

I think you can have duplicate space names, provided the space key is different.

As for pages, then within a space these must be uniquely named as Nic suggests.

Ooops, thanks CharlesH, yes, I should have said that pages have to be uniquely named *within a space*. You can have lots of pages called FRED in your confluence, as long as each one is in a different space.

0 votes

By "site", do you mean "Confluence space"? If so, then no. You can create links and redirects that all point to one place, but you cannot have duplicate space names. How would a browser know which one you meant if you had two?

0 votes

By "site", do you mean "Confluence space"? If so, then no. You can create links and redirects that all point to one place, but you cannot have duplicate space names. How would a browser know which one you meant if you had two?

Ok, but the answer is the same - no, because you could not know which page to serve up if there are two with the same name.

I mean page names.

The (rubbish) workaround is to add a trailing space to the title...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,008 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you