Duplicate eMails from Confiforms IFTTT

its moi October 9, 2020

Hello everyone, 

A question regarding Confiforms: When I activate an email notification via IFTTT with following condition "hasChanged(status):true AND status:complete" the recipient gets the email twice every time. I cannot find a reason for this in my form configuration or in IFTTTs (there is another one that sets status=complete when a checkbox has been checked during the modification. 

Thanks for your help ! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

Please follow this page https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/How+to+troubleshoot+and+debug+ConfiForms+IFTTT+rules+execution  and enable logging for IFTTTs in ConfiForms.

You will see which IFTTTs are executed, and in which order

Most probably you have another IFTTT that modifies the record during the form submit and that triggers onModified event that gets processed by some IFTTTs you have

0 votes
its moi October 21, 2020

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ for looking into this. The logging function is great thanks for the hint. Unfortunately I cannot see the reason in the log, why the email is sent twice in this case. 

ConfiForms IFTTT actions debug log (in the order of execution)

Form: 'RKFormular'
Event type: onModified

Action: Create ConfiForms Entry (form: 'RKFormular')
-> Condition: approver2:[empty] AND approver3:[empty] AND approve1:Genehmigt
-> Parameters: entryId=[entry.id]&freigabestatus=true

Action: Create ConfiForms Entry (form: 'RKFormular')
-> Condition: hasChanged(freigabestatus):true
-> Parameters: entryId=[entry.id]&status=complete

Action: Send Email (form: 'RKFormular')
-> Condition: hasChanged(status):true AND status:complete
-> Parameters: Freigabe für Reklamations-Gutschrift
-> Context: u010633

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

Hi

From this log I dont see multiple emails being sent. Seems to run only once.

But you do "update" the record multiple times and that generates onModified event for each update you do, unless you set up your ConfiForms IFTTT not to propagate events. Could you set this option on your "Create/Update ConfiForms Entry" IFTTT rules?

And you can always open a support request with us and share your configuration, so we can take a look: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form

Alex

its moi November 12, 2020

That did it, thanks :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events