Dropdown menu in a table

Hi.

We are currently trying to create a wiki space where users are supposed to create documentation of the systems used in the company. We have a few tables and in some of the cells i want there to be a dropdown menu where there are predefined values for the users to choose from, for instance "Criticality" --> dropdown menu with High, Medium, Low etc.. So far i've been out of luck in my search to fix this, so any help would be greatly appriciated ;)

12 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can add my suggestion to a template, but I'm not sure it's what you want. I can't find a drop down list macro, but there may be a 3rd party in the Marketpalce who make one.

Slightly ugly I know, but you could have a column heading for each level and put the tick box in the heading. All a user has to do then is tick the appropriate column.

Cheers.

You can use Handy status macro (Handy Macros add-on) as a dropdown menu.

Hi Andrey, would you be able to supply a handy status macro for the cloud version?

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, we have no plans for Handy Macros for Cloud at the moment. But you can vote for this here.

Just to clarify the reason: Cloud and Server add-ons require totally different approaches due to technical limitations on Cloud. There are not many requests to support Cloud right now (that's why we haven't planned this activity yet). But this is possible in the future.

I am so struggling right now for this drop down feature.

But yes, this kinda works but not to the desired effect.

Is someone in Atlassian listening?

Anders,

I've just done this, but I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for. This is what I made it work:

1. Add the table.
  2. Insert the Expand macro.
  3. On the page in Edit mode, click on the Task List icon in the Toolbar (the one with the ticks).
  4. Add three of those and label them High, Medium, Low.
  5. Save the page.
  6. Now Click on 'Click here to expand'.
  7. Select whichever tick box is appropriate.
  8. Job done. :)

I tested it by navigating away from the page and back again via several others, and when I clicking on 'Click here to expand' the tick was still there, and where I wanted it to be.

Does that do the job?

Cheers.

PS, don't forget you can change the name from 'Click here to expand' to something more appropriate. :)

But it only works in the edit mode where you can edit the options on the check boxes and not when you publish the page.

Hi,

I can only do it for each cell. What I want though is to expand a whole row in a table.

How can I do that?

High, I'm having the same challenge 2 years after this thread, has anyone got any luck so far ?

Would love this functionality for the cloud version

(haven't tried it yet), but as it looks by your explanation i cannot do this when creating a global template? (Im using Confluence 4.2.11)

Here's an example:

h2.Application(s)

h3.<Application Name>

||#|||Item|||Information|||Comment||
|1|Appliaction Name / Version:| | |
|2|Number of users:| | |
|3|Criticality:| | | <--- Here's where i want a dropdown menu where the users can put in either "High", "medium", or "low"..
|4|Network:| | |
|5|Application type:| | |
|6|Vendor:| | |
|7|File paths:| | |

I'll give it a try ;) Not exactly what i wanted, but it'll have to do for now so i'll give you the answer on this one ;) Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, it's a bit of a workaround isn't it? :)

Just another example of Atlassian community not providing the simplest of feature for page creation.  Give the cost of their licenses, you'd think they be able to provide a faster turnaround on some of these simple features like a drop-down menu option

Maybe you can use the simple HTML Drop Down list within HTML Macro:

<div>
<select name="Criticality">
<option value="high">High</option>
<option value="medium">Medium</option>
<option value="low">Low</option>

</select>
</div>

How and where do you implement this within Confluence?

EDIT the confluence page

there is a + sign for the Macros OR start typing {html so that the HTML Macro box is placed.

And paste the above code in that box

This solution is nice because it is simple, but I am failing to see how the value is saved from one session to the next.

Won't each session just repopulate the drop down with the top value (i.e. "high")?

Maybe our App Easy Dropdown Menu could be a solution. It can be found on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Easy Dropdown Menu)

Easy Dropdown menu is easy enough to use.  We have in-use on our downs.  It make confluence more like forms, instead of a wiki.

Note: The multi-select option for this is does not look like a traditional 'drop-down' menu, but at least there is a multi-select option.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

453 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you