Dropdown at "Spaces" in Confluence dosen't work

There is no dropdown menu when chosing "Spaces" in the top menu.

Yesterday I imported several Spaces from another cloud solution via Webdav.
I cannot see whether they have been indexed.

Can that be the reason?

2 answers

0 votes

Possibly.  There are two things to check immediately

1. Do you have the rights to see the spaces?  As an admin, you can administer them, but not necessarily see them automatically (admin rights are for admin, not general view).  Go to the admin section and list the spaces in there - pick one and check that your account has "can use", either explicitly, or by being a member of a group
  2. As you suspect, a space that has no index data won't appear.  Try building the index after checking your access

Cheers for the suggestion mate.

Hi I have checked the permissions and I have permissions to see the Spaces.

The dropdown is not working at all, even if I didn't have permission to see the Spaces I should be able to see "Space directory" and "Create Spaces"

I cannot index manually in Confluence the possibility to do that is not vissible under "General configuration" and "Administration"

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the "cloud" part. 

If there's nothing under spaces, then that suggests either permissions or a browser fault.

I doubt it's permissions, as the only time I can get a blank spaces menu is when I've been using Confluence and let it time-out so I'm effectively logged out.  As you've looked at the admin screens, it's almost certainly not that, but I wanted to say that it's a symptom.

The other one is easy to check - can you log in with a different browser?  Only temporarily to confirm that the fault is the same in a different one.  If you get the menu in the new browser, then try clearing cookies and cache in the old one and restarting it.  If you don't, then it's Confluence.

A further diagnostic that's worth a try - find a distinct word in the stuff you imported and try searching for it - do you get any pages returned at all?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,177 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you