Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Shadow isn't displaying on two images

Jeremiah Jackson June 24, 2015

I have a document with images, all but two have Drop Shadows applied. However the last two, despite my telling Confluence to apply drop shadows, will not display a drop shadow. I've tried rotating to a different border style and back, and adjusting image sizes. My last option is to remove and re-add the images, but I'd like to know why it isn't working as-is, if anyone has any ideas.

7 answers

1 vote
Jeremiah Jackson June 26, 2015

It's just the Default documentation theme with a blank template.

Bronwyn Mathiesen July 4, 2016

I'm in the same situation here. I have several screen shots and can only get a couple to display the drop-shadow. The others did have other properties set e.g. border but I have removed that and selected drop shadow.

Most of the images are screen shots (png) from the snipping tool copied right into the Default documentation theme. Some are snips that were saved before adding with the Insert image option.

No doubt it's a coincidence but the shortest images (less than 150 px high) are the only ones that the drop shadow is working on.

Chris McKay July 11, 2016

Add another to the list. Using Greenshot to capture images. Trying to create a how to guide using the standard Confluence content template, with no borders added to the image. I have successfully added drop shadow effects to 4 out of the 6 images. The other 2 that are failing to display correctly are larger than the rest, so that might be key to the issue. I think Bronwyn might have hit on something with the 150px height.

Oh and another poor communications effort from Atlassian to go with every other question I've seen posted. Issues are either shut down straight away with a vague response or there is no response at all (see above). I know Confluence is a Wiki but the platform seriously lags behind competitors when it comes to content management (more cell colours, specifying table widths, better control of fonts/css without user scripts). Why should I have to write scripts to do even basic stuff? That's not going to suit the majority of non-IT end users. I'd use MS SharePoint in a heartbeat if I could.

Nick Deacon February 26, 2017

I'm having the same issue here.

If adding a drop shadow AND resizing the image, the drop shadow won't apply  (It looks fine in preview, however).

I think the smaller images are fine as they're not being resized to fit nicely on the screen.

As a workaround, I can resize the image OUTSIDE of Atlassian, drop in the reduced image and then add a drop shadow OK.  Another unnecessary step, but at least I can stop pulling my hair out and start resizing instead.

0 votes
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2017

Please refer the suggestion ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-45537 if you are using Confluence Cloud.

Jeremiah Jackson March 6, 2017

No this was on a locally hosted instance.

0 votes
Chell Mendiola June 24, 2016

Ditto.  Driving me crazy.

0 votes
András Novoszáth February 5, 2016

I have the same problem. I created images with the Fireshot firefox extension, and for some of them I can set a shadow, for others I cannot.

0 votes
Jeremiah Jackson June 26, 2015

They're .png files, and I'm using FireFox. I have several other images on the same page that are displaying the drop shadow correctly.

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Confluence provides a wide range of panels to choose from but not all respond well to having drop-shadows. Can you provide the panels you were using.

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Can you provide the type of files that are missing shadow and the browser you were viewing in?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events