Dragon Quest 3.7 Cannot create an issue with confluence

Lucas_Block November 1, 2011
Follow the steps below to add a new issue into JIRA and display the issue on your Confluence page:
  • Click the 'Insert JIRA Issue' icon in the editor toolbar.
  • The 'Insert JIRA Issue' popup window will appear. Click 'Create New Issue' in the left-hand panel.
  • Enter the following information:
    • Project: Dragons
    • Issue Type: Bug
    • Summary: The purple dragon melted my chocolate
    • Version/s: 2.0.S2
    • Description: The dragon tried to eat my chocolate and flamed it by mistake.
  • Click 'Insert'.
When i do these steps, i dont have a "Version/s" Field, if i insert anyway, i get:
"There were errors creating an issue in JIRA. Some required fields may not be available on this form. Try creating this issue in JIRA"

Any idea? can i avoid this step and continue my quest?

Thanks
Lucas

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lucas_Block November 3, 2011

Finally, i can create the issue changing the browser (chrome to firefox to ie).
Thanks!!

Lucas

0 votes
CGM January 16, 2013

we have a simmilar error message:

There were errors creating an issue in JIRA. Some required fields may not be available on this form. Try creating this issue in JIRA

• customfield_10301: Epic Name is required.
  • Epic Name is required.

We are using Jira 5.2.2 and Confluence 4.2.13

Are there any news on this?

greetings

Benjamin

0 votes
Chris Johnson July 19, 2012

so I have mandatory fields, how do I get confluence to add these to the jira issue form so users can create a issue on the confluence side?

0 votes
Sunchan Lee December 20, 2011

I have changed browser chrome to firefox and solved this problem, too. Thanks.

I had another problem, IOException related to json when inserted issues created before.

If you meet same problems, change JIRA owner's locale to US or UK.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2011

You are missing some mandatory fields. Maybe like reporter (as it is usually mandatory)! Create an issue in JIRA and see which fields are mandatory. You can also find the reason in JIRA logs!

Lucas_Block November 1, 2011

true, but these mandatory fields should be appear in that screen in confluence, if not, at least, the Version field mentioned in the quest.

thanks for the help.

Lucas_Block November 2, 2011

i check mandatory field, and in that screen miss the reporter, any idea about how enable other fields in that screen?
thanks for help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events