Dragon Quest 3.7 Cannot create an issue with confluence

Follow the steps below to add a new issue into JIRA and display the issue on your Confluence page:
  • Click the 'Insert JIRA Issue' icon in the editor toolbar.
  • The 'Insert JIRA Issue' popup window will appear. Click 'Create New Issue' in the left-hand panel.
  • Enter the following information:
    • Project: Dragons
    • Issue Type: Bug
    • Summary: The purple dragon melted my chocolate
    • Version/s: 2.0.S2
    • Description: The dragon tried to eat my chocolate and flamed it by mistake.
  • Click 'Insert'.
When i do these steps, i dont have a "Version/s" Field, if i insert anyway, i get:
"There were errors creating an issue in JIRA. Some required fields may not be available on this form. Try creating this issue in JIRA"

Any idea? can i avoid this step and continue my quest?

Thanks
Lucas

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Finally, i can create the issue changing the browser (chrome to firefox to ie).
Thanks!!

Lucas

0 votes

You are missing some mandatory fields. Maybe like reporter (as it is usually mandatory)! Create an issue in JIRA and see which fields are mandatory. You can also find the reason in JIRA logs!

true, but these mandatory fields should be appear in that screen in confluence, if not, at least, the Version field mentioned in the quest.

thanks for the help.

i check mandatory field, and in that screen miss the reporter, any idea about how enable other fields in that screen?
thanks for help

I have changed browser chrome to firefox and solved this problem, too. Thanks.

I had another problem, IOException related to json when inserted issues created before.

If you meet same problems, change JIRA owner's locale to US or UK.

so I have mandatory fields, how do I get confluence to add these to the jira issue form so users can create a issue on the confluence side?

we have a simmilar error message:

There were errors creating an issue in JIRA. Some required fields may not be available on this form. Try creating this issue in JIRA

• customfield_10301: Epic Name is required.
  • Epic Name is required.

We are using Jira 5.2.2 and Confluence 4.2.13

Are there any news on this?

greetings

Benjamin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

80 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you