Doubt about the best choice to configure my sites

Hi,

We are evaluating the best options to organice our documentation and one of our main doubts is about use one or several spaces.

The main problem about use one space for each group is sharing labels. We want to label all pages in our wiki, and share this labels and its contents between all the people logged in the wiki, and I can't do it using one space for each group.

Another issue we have found is about restriction of the action of create labels. Is there any permission with witch we can take control about the creation of new labels??

Could anyone give us some recomendations about these features?

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes

Labels on pages are global, not limited to spaces, so I'm not sure what the question is there.

There are no restrictions on creating labels, but there are some neat add-ons in the marketplace (Labels cage is the one that springs to mind) which can help you either keep on top of labels or limit their scope and values. 

I'm not fond of limiting values in labels as users can be highly creative and crippling the function is often counter-productive.  But I would like a way to stop them creating over-long ones, ones with spaces or separators in them, and the inevitable spelling mistakes.

Ok,  my first doubts are solved.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

248 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you