Dont know where i need to add the example Code

serc February 12, 2019

Hey guys, i find a example for a table in confluence:

{section:border=true}
{column:width=30%}
Dieses ist der Text für die Spalte. Dieses ist die schmalere Spalte mit einer Breite von nur 30%.
{column}
{column:width=70%}
Der Text für diese Spalte. Dieses ist eine breitere Spalte mit einer Breite von 70%. 
{column}
{section}

My Problem is, i dont know where i can add this Code? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2019

Hi Serc,

The code you posted doesn't look like any Confluence recent code I've seen, but a two-column table should be straightforward to create by following the steps on Tables.

If that page doesn't give you the functionality you're looking for, please let us know what specifically what you're trying to do with the table that you can't accomplish.

Thanks!

serc February 13, 2019

Hi guys, so creating a table is not a problem. But somehow it doesn't work with the size of the columns. Can I set the width of the columns myself? So as an example, column 1 should be 3cm wide, column 2 should be 5cm wide and so on...

Like Zak Laughton likes this
1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

That looks like a two column layout and not a table. And it is the old Wiki markup code. From the editor menu, + -> { } Markup to open the insert markup function. You can paste it into the left side, and it will then do the conversion for you (tried it just now).

Refer to the docs for how to do what you want to do via the editor ribbon. page-layouts-columns-and-sections

serc February 13, 2019

Hi guys, so creating a table is not a problem. But somehow it doesn't work with the size of the columns. Can I set the width of the columns myself? So as an example, column 1 should be 3cm wide, column 2 should be 5cm wide and so on..

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

If you try the technique I describe, you will see that the percent column widths were preserved.  And if you edit the column macro, you will see it takes a width parameter

image.png

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2019

Hi Serc,

It's pretty easy to add a table in Confluence.  Check this page for more information.

Good luck!

serc February 13, 2019

Hi guys, so creating a table is not a problem. But somehow it doesn't work with the size of the columns. Can I set the width of the columns myself? So as an example, column 1 should be 3cm wide, column 2 should be 5cm wide and so on....

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2019

Columns can be set to fixed widths by setting the width mode to Fixed and dragging them to the desired sizes.  This may not be as precise as hard coding the values, but this functionality is baked in and wouldn't require any extra work.

serc February 14, 2019

but with a pdf export the width from the colums get diffrent. 

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

That feature doesn't work very well.  You'll probably want to try a PDF export app (there's a few different ones in the Marketplace).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events