Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing away with "This page is being edited by ..."

Corey McMillan November 18, 2016

One page in our Confluence continually shows it is being edited by the same person. However this is not the case. And it has been like this for a month. I've tried disabling & re-enabling user access to the page hoping that would eliminate the message, but it still appears. 

Here's an image of what I mean when you go to edit the page:

confluence.JPG 

What else can I try? 

Also, I browsed briefly for a similar question but couldn't see one. Please redirect if there is. Thank you smile 

3 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Hi Corey,

The page index could have become corrupt or just out of sync.  The instructions for re-indexing are here (re-indexing is one of those "turn it off and turn it on again" solutions that often seems to solve page problems).  If you're on Cloud you can't re-index Confluence, but you can put a support ticket in and Atlassian will do it for you.

Corey McMillan November 22, 2016

Hi Rob, thanks for replying. I'll make note of that link and keep it in case this issue ever arises again. I learned yesterday though that someone else with access to that page fixed the problem. Not sure how they did that yet. I'll find out then post here for documentation/t-shoot purposes smile

0 votes
Corey McMillan November 21, 2016

I can try that and let you know. There's not much else to go on right now. 

0 votes
Pavel Potcheptsov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2016

Can you make a copy of that page, remove original page (and purge it from trash) and rename copied page to original name?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events