Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't work atlas-run

aas September 4, 2019

1) When I try to execute atlas-run command to start confluence with my plugin there is such error 

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] #
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6c3f3722, pid=82152, tid=81700
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_51-b16) (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.51-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # Problematic frame:
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # V [jvm.dll+0x93722]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

but it works with jira.

2) I have a code in IntellijIdea and because of atlas-run doesn't work I can't test my plugin. So I want to add a plugin into working instance of confluence on server but I don't know how.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Have tried to run it after 'atlas-clean'?

aas September 4, 2019

Yes, I've just tried and no luck

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Please also validate output of 'atlas-update' to check if your SDK is up to date.

aas September 4, 2019

I can't execute atlas-update 

[INFO] --------------< com.confluence.plugin:myConfluencePlugin >--------------
[INFO] Building myConfluencePlugin 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] --------------------------[ atlassian-plugin ]--------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- amps-maven-plugin:8.0.0:update (default-cli) @ myConfluencePlugin ---
[INFO] Fail to connect to host marketplace.atlassian.com
[INFO] Downloading SDK version from marketplace.atlassian.com...
[INFO] Fail to connect to host marketplace.atlassian.com
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 5.312 s

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-maven-plugin:8.0.0:update (default-cli) on project myConfluencePlugin: Execution default-cli of goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-maven-plugin:8.0.0:update failed.: NullPointerException 

But here is info atlas-version

ATLAS Version: 8.0.7
ATLAS Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.7
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.7\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.0.7\apache-maven-3.5.4
AMPS Version: 8.0.0

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

@aasCan you try to uninstall your sdk and reinstall it. I think the problem is with SDK version you are using.

aas September 4, 2019

I've installed the latest version of atlassian sdk 8.0.16 and no changes(

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

@aastwo more things before you take this to Atlassian,

1. Have you tested plugin code base on another machine?
  2. Have you tried to update and reinstall JDK on your system?
aas September 4, 2019

1. JDK was reinstalled

2. there is no way to check on another machine(

aas September 4, 2019

And is it possible to make jar file in IntellijIdea and add it to a confluence home directory  on the server? 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

@aasif not other machine how about VM, may be a linux VM?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

To make plugin jar you need to run `atlas-package` command. And yes you can put that in confluence home directory, but you will need to restart confluence to pick that plugin.

To install plugin on your remote confluence instance you can look at, atlas-install-plugin command, it takes host, admin username and password to install plugin from development environment.

Most command in Atlassian SDK are wrapper around commands provided by Maven. Atlassian SDK ships with its own Maven Version, and some changes in settings.xml file of Maven.

aas September 4, 2019

1. I thought that I can add OSGi plugin without restarting confluence, isn't it?

2. After atlas-package command there are appears 2 jar files, 1 obr file and obr folder. Which one i have to put into home directory? 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

1. No, you will need to restart. Confluence create entry in database etc which doesn't happen when we just put plugin in directory.

2. Usually there are one jar, and one obr file,

• Have you deleted 'target' directory before packaging or 'atlas-clean'?
  • You need to put only JAR file in <confluence_home>/plugins/installed-plugins/.
aas September 4, 2019

I've deleted target folder and after that execute atlas-package. And then I've got the same target directory with myConfluencePlugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and myConfluencePlugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar and many other directories in it, so I can't understand what exactly I need to add to the server

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

Use myConfluencePlugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

aas September 5, 2019

Thanks a lot

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi

because of the not working atlas-mvn clean or package, there are issues with the version 8.0.16 and below.

Watch this issue here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATLASSDK-93

And also watch this community post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unknown-lifecycle-phase-error/qaq-p/1006922#M335142

This helped me for the atlas-mvn statements. But I have encountered other problems :) 

Hope this helps for you

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events