Does the search look at the content of tables?

Janine November 26, 2013

I often use the confluence search to find pages that need updating when something changes but I noticed today that some pages I would expect to find the word I was searching for were not included in the search results. When I looked at the pages I noted that the word was contained in a table.

Does the search ignore tables? If yes, can that be changed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

Hi Janine,

In all my experience of Confluence (2.8 to 5.0) the contents of tables are included in the full text search.

A quick test on my platform, and I can see that in the search results page it even highlights text matches which are in tables.

What version of Confluence are you running, and what was your word in this case?

Regards,

Charles

Janine November 27, 2013

Thank you for the reply Charles. It may have just been an issue with the word I was searching as I've tried another today (although I thought I did this yesterday) and it is working. Unfortunately I've changed the documents that had the word I was searching for yesterday so I can't try that one specifically. Good to know that it should work though :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events