Does mutual linking exist between Confluence Product Requirements and Jira Tickets?

Christi Nonnemaker May 10, 2017

My team creates Product Requirements in Confluence (using the Blueprint template).  We then create Jira tickets using the auto create function from the product requirements/user story table in the blueprint.  The rows in the table are then created in Jira (as tickets) and associated to the Epic tagged in the Product Requirements Blueprint.

1. Jira Ticket macros are not automatically added to the Confluecne Product Requirements table.  This is the same table that the Jira tickets were auto-created off of.  Is there a way for macros to be autocreated in Confluence as the Jira tickets are created?
  2. If I create a Jira macro for each row in the Confluecne table mutual linking still does not exist.  If I update a requirement in Confluence then the Jira ticket is not updated, and vice versa.  Does mutual linking exist?  

Any solutions to these two issues would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

For issue 1, the JIRA Issues macros should be added to the table when you hover over the table and create JIRA issues. Here is an example: Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.48.14 PM.pngFor issue 2, the JIRA issues are independent of the updates on the Requirements table, once the JIRA issue is created. So the behavior you are seeing is expected.

Are you seeing a link back to the Confluence page in the Issue Links section of the JIRA ticket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events