Does anyone know what content Confluence indexes?

Robbie Lee May 30, 2013

I'm creating documentation on how to search for content in Confluence, and I'd like to tell our employees what content Confluence actually indexes.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robbie Lee May 30, 2013

Attempt at answering my own question...

Content =

* pages

* blog posts

* comments

* attachments

* status updates

* profiles

* space descriptions

For this content, text and titles (where relevant) are indexed.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Your list covers everything I believe. I don't think it searches macro names as that is not 'content' (or the maker of content) as such. I could be wrong though.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Robbie,

Do any of the following help?

Robbie Lee May 30, 2013

"When you perform a full search, Confluence will search all content in all spaces (site and personal), mail, personal profiles, attachments and the space description."

While this documentation provides some relevant information, I think it's a bit lacking in specifics. What is considered "all content"? For example, are macro names and values searched. (I believe the answer to this is no.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events