Does anyone know of a replacement for functionality of the Label Management plugin?

Dave Drexler April 2, 2012

Hi folks - we really could use the functionality supplied by the Label Mgmt plugin (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.revlabelingmacros) but it appears that the plugin is not supported at all and has been abandoned.

Does anyone know whether similar functionality is available another way?

3 answers

0 votes
Anselmo March 4, 2013

Hi Josch,

do you know about issues launched for jira concerning label management? Exactly the "ability to assign a tag to a subtree (Page family)" is what I miss painfully.

How could I enforce a development for this?

Best regards

0 votes
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Hi Tonks,

you can assign multiple tags to a page. The problem is rather, that the "hiearchy" of pages is a logical one only, can change easily and does not have any effect on tags listed. What confluence is missing so far is the ability to assign a tag to a subtree (Page family), but just to pages.

So nothing new here and manual work is necessary. If your client developes something like this, maybe h wants to make it available to public domain ? :D

0 votes
Chad Bell April 15, 2012

Wow! This is a really old post. However it REALLY concerns me. I would also like to know the answer to this. I'm only new to Confluence and am currently reviewing this product for a client. One of their requirements is to be able to create a "Category\label\tag" (whatever you want to call it) hierarchy and be able to apply multiple of these tags to an individual page. From my understanding this was what the obove mentioned plugin could kind of do. Is there any possibility that this kind of functionality may be included in future versions of Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events