Does SOAP and XML RPC APIs still work in Confluence 5.5+ versions?

Hi All

I saw that Atlassian planned to deprecate the SOAP and XML RPC APIs from Version 5.5+. (see link below)

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/deprecated-apis/confluence-xml-rpc-and-soap-apis/remote-confluence-methods

Does this mean we cannot use the APIs on 5.5+ OR

Does it mean that the interfaces are unsupported in 5.5+.?

Has anyone used SOAP and XML RPC on version 5.5+?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

They still work. I use XML-rpc and JSON-rpc all the time on Confluence 5.7 and 5.10.

All they are saying is that they will not upgrade those APIs anymore but they will still continue to work. If you can, you should use the REST api since they update those but if not, you can still use those older APIs and they will still work. I used the XML-rpc a lot because at the time when I was creating scripts the REST api was not as good, but now they have updated it and you can do pretty much the same thing with all of them. I haven't updated any of my scripts to use the REST API though so they all still use the rpc api and work fine.

Thanks Alex...that helps

Just wanted to let you know that they still work – another data point. But work on converting your scripts.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

601 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you