Does PlaySQL plugin support MySQL?

zhang zining January 22, 2013

Does PlaySQL plugin support MySQL?

I configured the PlaySQL jndi datasource to mysql

but I got an exception:

Exception while querying the database: java.lang.RuntimeException: No column Position in this result set: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet@168a0b

why ?

3 answers

2 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi Zhang,

PostgreSQL and Hsql are the databases I support out-of-the-box (see specifications). As explained on the question about Oracle support, Play SQL should work nicely with any JDBC database but may not have some of the advanced features like autocomplete for table and column names.

It will be interesting to keep your question open and see whether any other user has experience to share about MySQL and Play SQL.

Brian K August 21, 2014

Adrien - do you have an update on this?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2014
Hi Brian, There's been no change in the support of MySQL since your question: The base read-only plugin will work but may not show the list of tables and columns, whereas the Spreadsheet plugin won't work with MySQL for sure. Best regards, Adrien
Brian K August 25, 2014

Does this demo box still work? http://sandbox.play-sql.com/

I didn't have any luck opening it up. Sorry for posting here, couldn't figure out how to PM.

0 votes
Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

We are using the PlaySQL plugin with MySQL without any problems. Maybe the JNDI-Datasource is not configured the right way..

This should give you a guide: Does Play SQL support MS SQL, MySQL or Oracle?

Brian K August 21, 2014

That's great. and you have full functionality?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2014
I'd like to emphasize that only Play SQL base will work. Play SQL Spreadsheets will only work with PostgreSQL.
0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Hello,

I am not an expert in this plugin, but there could certainly be a number of our members that are. I would however suggest that you open a support case with the developer of the plugin. I am including a link to their support page on our market place below.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.playsql.playsql-plugin/version/31/support

I would suggest contacting them directly to see if they can resolve the issue straight away. Our user community here is great and I am sure someone will have experienced this problem before. I just think it is a good plan to try to contact the source.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events