Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Multiexcerpt support hidden excerpt?

Erica Warren July 2, 2014

Does the Multiexcerpt add-on support having an excerpt be hidden on the page but visible on another page when used with the Multiexcerpt Include macro? I believe the Excerpt macro has this feature.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erica Warren July 20, 2014

Apparently multiexcerpt doesn't have this feature for OnDemand. But I ended up nesting the multiexcerpt inside a HTML comment macro, and setting that to "hidden."

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

Hello Erica,

I just tried it and it worked.

• Page A with hidden multiexcerpt X
    --> X is not displayed
  • Page B with multiexcerpt-include X of Page A
    --> X is displayed

Cheers,
Kirstin

Erica Warren July 9, 2014

Thanks Kirstin. How do you set the Multiexcerpt as hidden? The Edit screen I get does not have an option to set it as hidden (as the Excerpt macro does). See screenshot below:

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Could this be a version problem?
We're using Multiexerpt 4.9.1 of Artemis Software on Confluence 5.4.3.

On our system it looks quite different:

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

Sorry, I'm not able to paste the screenshot :((
How did you do this?

Erica Warren July 10, 2014

I used the upload button (looks like an up arrow).

Are you using Confluence OnDemand or the server version?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2014

We have our own instance of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events