Does Confluence keep track of where a wiki page is used?

3 answers

1 vote

What do you mean by "used"?

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 15, 2016

You can use the Confluence Page Information to see what outgoing links and incoming referers there are – 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/view-page-information-139408.html

I mean it in the industry-standard usage of "where used."  In document management, any given document will have notations of where it is used... that is, the document might be relevant to and referenced from multiple other documents.  For example, if we take Google's Panoramio application that has built-in metadata for each of the millions of photographs mapped to specific locations, and view that metadata, we can bring up a list of what other websites link to that photo – such as, Googlemaps, National Geographic, a National Parks website, a chamber of commerce website... will all be listed if they have a link to that photo.  So the question is, does a given Confluence wiki page "know" where it is referenced (linked) from other wiki pages? 

The reason I'm asking is that we have thousands of documents in hundreds of repositories.  Sometimes those repositories need to be reconfigured or moved.  Is there a mechanism in Confluence that tracks the move?

Ah, you mean "where it has been referred to", not "where used" (because used might mean read by a human, edited, linked from, linked to, read by another system, and so-on).

I'd mark Steven's answer right in that case.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

99 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you