Does Confluence have a macro that allows you to post the version and date of an article in the body of the article?

Raymond Jorgensen December 9, 2015

I have some articles that are using the Comala workflow technology, but we'd like to include the date and version of the article in the main body of the article, so that if exported in PDF the correct version and date accompany the PDF image.  Instead of embedding the date/version by hard-coding it into the article, rather, have the article reference the date/version already captured by article history.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

May be something like a custom user macro described here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32976455 will help?

Raymond Jorgensen December 10, 2015

Unfortunately, I am a mere Wiki author, not a developer, so instructions to create my own macros are beyond my understanding.

0 votes
Adrian Reid December 9, 2015

You can set up a table with the heading column on the left side, with Date and Version as headings. Then use the page information macro to get the creation date and version number. See below.

Creation Date (heading cell) : Page info macro (date)

Version (heading cell) : Page info macro (version)

If you put the whole thing in a Page Properties macro you can then generate a report on all pages.

Raymond Jorgensen December 10, 2015

I like your approach, but what is the "Page info macro'? I don't see that listed anywhere. Are there instructions on accessing page information?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events