Does Confluence 5.4 support simultaneous edit?

Srinivas Patruni February 8, 2015

Does Confluence 5.4 support simultaneous edit? Ex. When User 1 Commits his changes first and User 2 saves his changes, will it merge?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2015

Confluence will tell you if an other user also edits a page. It also tells you, that it will merge the changes, but personally I would not rely on that. So it does support concurrent edit, but maybe not with the result you expect.

Srinivas Patruni February 9, 2015

I have searched for the online documentation for more information but i did not find. Appreciate if you could point me to documentation link?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Here ya go! This is the documentation link for Confluence 5.4! https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF54/Concurrent+Editing+and+Merging+Changes

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2015

In case you didn't hear about it, at Summit 2014 they announced with fanfare and a concept demonstration that live (simultaneous) editing was being developed for upcoming Confluencr 6.0. Cheers, Tom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events