Does Confluence 4.0.x run with MySQL 5.5?

Gabriel Hernandez May 29, 2012

The supported platform doesn't say that MySQL 5.5 is NOT supported; it just isn't listed. Does anyone have an installaiton for Confluence 4.0.x running on MySQL 5.5? If so, did you encounter any problems?

3 answers

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

Hi Gabriel,

I run several Confluence 4.x installs on MySQL 5.5 and I haven't had any problems. A database version not being listed as supported usually means it hasn't been tested rather than it being known to not work.

The main decision is whether or not you are comfortable running an installation which, if you do run in to any problems, *may* be knocked back by Atlassian Support as "unsupported". I'm not saying that they would, but they could if you run in to a problem that they cannot reproduce on a supported configuration.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

Hi Gabriel,

I run several Confluence 4.x installs on MySQL 5.5 and I haven't had any problems. A database version not being listed as supported usually means it hasn't been tested rather than it being known to not work.

The main decision is whether or not you are comfortable running an installation which, if you do run in to any problems, *may* be knocked back by Atlassian Support as "unsupported". I'm not saying that they would, but they could if you run in to a problem that they cannot reproduce on a supported configuration.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

Hi Gabriel,

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events