Does CQ notify a user of someone having downvoted his question/answer?

werner_baderschneider September 22, 2015

I don't understand the behaviour of CQ regarding email notifications. When and in which cases does a user get notified about votes on his questions and answers? Obviously there is no notification about a downvote and not all upvotes generate a notification.

Is there any documentation about how CQ does notifications?

1 answer

3 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Hi Werner,

Currently Confluence Questions only trigger notifications when answers are accepted. Upvotes and downvotes are not included.

We have a improvement request to add Confluence Questions notifications to the Confluence Workbox. This would allow mail notifications to be configured for this. I suggest you vote on this request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-172

Regards,
LM 

werner_baderschneider September 24, 2015

I tested this issue again and I definitly got a notification mail about an upvote for my answer. It says "Mustermann, Max hat für Ihre Antwort gestimmt" (google translates this as "Mustermann, Max has voted in favor of your reply") and includes an up-arrow. So where can I find any documentation about the behaviour of notifications in CQ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events