Documentation versioning in Confluence On Demand

Is it possible to create pages with identical headings within one space in Confluence On Demand?

The problem is that we release new product version once in a 3 months and provide a full documentation package for each version. Since creating a separate space for each documentation version is not efficient (especially because of the impossibility to use space copying option is not supported by On Demand version) we would like to maintain all versions of a particular document within one space. This can not be achieved, as Confluence does not allow creating two pages with the same title within one space.

Maybe you could suggest a possible workaround, as this issue is crucial for our documentation management and workflow.

Regards,

Layla

1 answer

Hi Layla,

How about to create different title for each Documentation for each version? Like appending the title with the relased version of your product?

Hope it helps

Hi Rian,

Thank you for a reply.

Seems like I have created a duplicated question, as I have already found a lot of similar requests in the Atlassian knowledgebase, such as:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/8969/how-to-handle-unique-page-names-in-confluence

Since such workarounds as putting all content into one space or using different titles for the same pages of different versions affect design concerns, I'll prefer creating separate space per version for consistency.

Sure. Please do that, if that's better. There has been a feature request for this but it has been closed as Won't Fix, for more information please refer to the following link.
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-2524

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

37 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you