Documentation templae

IT Pertronic January 9, 2017

Hi

We would like to use Confluence for in-house technical documentation.

I have tried playing with formatting the page using columns and sections but didn't get great results.

I would like our page to look kind of the Dozuki instructions: http://www.dozuki.com/Guide/Installing+Parkzone+P47+Thunderbolt+Aileron+Servos/6401

Has anyone achieve something similar? If yes, how did you do it.

Thanks!

Raf

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Smith January 10, 2017

Not sure if you can use the HTML macro with cloud instances... but I was able to accomplish something very similar without a theming plug-in using some creative Javascript and the HTML macro.

IT Pertronic January 10, 2017

Thanks Mike.

For the record we are using the server version of confluence not the cloud. 

Would you mind sharing what you've achieved?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

I'd use one of the theming add-ons to do it, as it's structural rather than content.

Brikit and Refinedwiki both have built-in themes that can get you very close, or if they're not good enough, you could write your own, or use Theme Builder to do it.

Bruce Cannon January 9, 2017

Sure would love to someday have a non-ugly Confluence!  That page Raf shared would be great, for example.  As would the examples at RefinedWiki.  Been waiting for years though, and at this point doubt those plugins are ever coming to Cloud... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

Ah, Cloud, yes, I'm afraid we're all a bit stuck there - can't install theming add-ons at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events