Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have syntax to create drop down list for markup language?

Michael Park March 16, 2021

Hello,

Does anyone know the syntax or how to create drop down list in markup language (for Comala Document)? I couldn't find the syntax for it, in https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Michael Park 

Your post is tagged Cloud however you have linked to our Server /DC app documentation. So I can help you, could you confirm if you are on Confluence Cloud or on Server /DC.

Could you also provide some more detail about what options you want your drop down list to contain.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Michael Park March 17, 2021

Hi, James

My apologies for the confusion. I just found out yesterday that my work was using Confluence Server after posting my question. I'll have that tags delete and thanks for looking out.  

So this question is actually for Space/Page Workflow for Comala Document. You know how we could create our own Workflow instead of using the provided ones? I noticed that I could add more functionality to my workflow in the Markup Editor. For an example, I created like error message whenever a Reviewer rejects in certain state. Also created a table where it has columns and rows for my page information. And my question is I want to know how I could create dropdown list inside the table. Where I could have a list of letters or numbers. I hope these doesn't confuse you of what I'm trying to ask.

And thanks in advance, James. 

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Michael Park 

That's fine thanks for confirming you are using Comala Document Management Server. 

If I understand correctly you want to give your users a set of options related to page information. I recommend that you use the list type of workflow parameter, and then use the get-metadata macro to display this inside your table.

See

If you need more detailed support, please reach out to our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com ; it would be helpful if you could attach your workflow markup as txt file and screenshots of your table. 

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

Like Michael Park likes this
Michael Park March 17, 2021

That is correct. Thank you so much for the information and I'll definitely take a look at it. 

Right, I will do that next time, with the attachment. That way it would be easier to understand. 

Again, thanks James.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events