Do the RB-Plugins important dependencies?

Viktoria Högele December 14, 2016

Hello dear Community,

can you tell me, whether we need RB-storage Plugins in confluence version 5.10.x ?

Does it have important dependencies to other plugins?

At the moment we still have following five RB Plugins (current Version 5.6.3):

1.            RB Support - Core

2.            RB Storage - Confluence

3.            RB Storage - Core

4.            RB Storage - Servlet

5.            RB Support – Confluence

(vendor: ServiceRocket)

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Viktoria smile

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hello Viktoria,

here is what Service Rocket says:

But what i see within my update plannings are that we have a few third party addons installed which are not on the Service Rocket list.

Each of these plugins can have bundled dependencies which in the ends disabled other addons due i think incompatible. To get this clean i search for all addons which uses these dependencies including these from Service Rocket. For us that where mostly all addons from Bob Swift.

• Advanced Tables for Confluence
  • Cache for Confluence
  • HTML for Confluence

Within the Marketplace Version tab you see which version removes the RB dependencies.

After i have all these informations i removed all plugins that uses RB plugins. After that i removed all RB plugins it self and reinstalled all plugins in the current version. If you have a great gap between current and new version i would suggest to upgrade in small steps. This is what i do. With Scaffolding installed i'm a bit careful.

Now my UPM looks much cleaner than before smile

I do this before i upgraded Confluence. I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Tim 

Viktoria Högele December 15, 2016

Thank you very much for the detailed information smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events