Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do mentions only work for users in the confluence-users group?

Shaun Hines October 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Unable to @ mention certain users in Confluence

Based on my testing mentioning a user within a confluence page using '@<user>' only resolves the usernames of users belonging to confluence-users.

Should I be able to mention a username, with @ <user>, contained within the synced active directory database, when that username is not within the confluence-users group?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

They will only send mail to people who have permission to see the page they're being mentioned on.

Shaun Hines October 4, 2016

I adjusted my question which had a bunch of typos....when you mention a user within a page using '@user', I assume it emails that user about the mention, but my question is whether you are able to mention user who say has not logged into confluence yet (so they aren't in the confluence-users group), but exists in the synced active directory database?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

If that user can see the page they are mentioned on, then they should be emailed (after sync)

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

As long as they are a part of the confluence-users grouped AND that group has synched with Confluence, then you can mention them.

Shaun Hines October 5, 2016

Thanks, that's what I suspected

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events