Do edits to a page also change the COPY of that page?

David Stutzman April 24, 2015

My problem is when I edit a calendar page (Original), the COPY of the Original calendar page also changes. Both calendars had the same dates to start with. Then what I hoped would happen was to delete certain events from each calendar. The result, however, was that a delete or addition also occurred on the other calendar. How do I prevent this from happening?

1 answer

2 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

The issue comes down to the fact that you are simply editing the same calendar.

The same calendar must be referenced on both pages in order for you to experience this behavior and I can assume this is happening because you say that you copied the page: Copying a page will NOT copy the calendar, it will embed the SAME calendar again.

You must create a NEW calendar and insert this on your NEW or COPIED page. Right now you are simply using the same calendar over and over. Thus changes to "one" affects the "other."

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

To preempt your next question, I think you might be able to export the calendar and then reimport it, if you need to have a "template" calendar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events