Do blog posts have drafts and read more options?

Wilfried Bastiaansen May 28, 2013

So, I'm just starting with blogging with Confluence, and it works good.

But there a few items missing I guess.

(don't mind me saying but I'm a Wordpress blogger so a bit spoiled)

So... drafts.... does that exist? Most of my time I'm just typing away... and want to read it the next day before really publishing it. :-)

And the other thing is read more.... does that exist?

When I write blogs I write big articles. So in the overview, it might not be handy to have very big articles on the main page. But just small chapters with read more links.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Caragan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Theo,

Confluence doesn't currently have the abiliity to save and resume drafts of blog posts. Confluence does create a snapshot of any unsaved changes at intervals while you're creating or editing a page or blog, but it sounds like you're looking to save a blog post, then open it up to a wider audience once its ready for publishing. What you could do is 'draft'/write your blog in the form of a locked down page, then copy its content to a new blog post in your space of choice. Hope that helps.

1 vote
Jason Caragan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Also in terms of 'Read More' do you mean something like an expand/collapse functionality, or perhaps links that just point to separate blog posts or pages for more on the topic?

Wilfried Bastiaansen May 28, 2013

Well more like the wordpress feature that you can read on a multi-blog page the headers from each blog and that you can click read more to open the actual article.

I have seen options to automate this with a Atlassian plugin, but it would be better if this would be possible right from the blog page.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2016

Hi Wilfried,

Which plugin is it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events