Do I need new license to upgrade to Confluence 5.0

Nick Williams September 10, 2013

Currently we're running Confluence 4.3.7 and are wanting to upgrade to 5.2.4. Our license expires August 2014 and I was wanted to know if anything needed to happen license wise before we make the upgrade. Will our currently license work fine with 5.0?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Yes, you'll be able to upgrade to any version of Confluence released before August 2014.

I don't expect the licence file format will change either (it did between 2.something and 3.0 I think, but even then it was just a case of "licence is valid, please give me the version in the new format")

Nick Williams September 10, 2013

Sounds good. Thanks!

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hi Nick,

Seeing as your license actually expires at August 2014, you should have no problems upgrading your Confluence to 5.2.4 :)

A general guideline to keep in mind when considering upgrading and licenses is this : If the version of Confluence is released AFTER your license expires, then you won't be able to upgrade to then next version properly.

For example, your license expires at August 2014, and if it indeed expires, then you wouldn't be able to upgrade to a version that is released after August 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events