Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to give someone Space View Permission in order for them to view Pages within that space?

Nikho Rosales September 20, 2016

I have a user that needs access to ONLY one page in a space. Do I need to first give them Space View Permission in order to get access to that page? I've tried just "Restricting" them to that one page, but the user can't view the page.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Permission always starts working on high level.

Apart from admin normal users will not be given full permissions. Here when you want to restrict some page in specific space to user, then firstly that user should have access to that particular space in which you're restricting.

Here user doesn't have access to the space in which you've restricted the page. Hence he'll not e ale access that page which you have opened for him.

Permissions plays a major role in Atlassian Products:)

Apart from this if the users are outside network or if you want to open it for everyone, then you can keep that page available for anonymous users.

In this case, whoever the user is not part of your domain will e ale to see the page which you publish. Remember this is not security breech, instead this is an advanced option in Confluence.

Nikho Rosales September 20, 2016

thank you

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events