Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Atlassian Accounts consume paid Confluence licenses?

Tiffany L. May 8, 2017

When referring to the bottom of https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/select-the-right-account-for-your-jira-service-desk-customers-873871210.html, the page says "For customers to log into Confluence and collaborate on pages, convert them to Atlassian account . Don't worry about licensing. You don't need to give them application access to Confluence. Converting a customer to Atlassian account does not affect your current pricing."

Does this then mean that any time I convert a portal-only user to an atlassian account, the user is granted access to confluence and it doesn't increase my subscription costs? What is the best way for me to validate this configuration/cost setup? FYI - we're a cloud service desk customer.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

Introducing the login-free portal doesn't mention giving write access to Confluence for free for Service Desk customers.

In the page you linked, it looks like the writer is saying that you can safely convert user accounts, giving them read-only permissions to Confluence, without going ahead with giving them application access for Confluence, which would take up a Confluence license.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Tiffany, we updated that document you linked. Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity. Now it says:

"To let customers to log in to Confluence and view your knowledge base space, convert them to Atlassian account. Simply converting a customer to Atlassian account doesn't affect your current pricing. Don't worry about licensing. You don't need to give them application access to Confluence (which would take up a license) unless you want them to edit and comment in Confluence in addition to viewing the knowledge base."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events