Do AD users that never signed in before receive email-notifications?

Hi there,

I'm wondering how it works:

our confluence users come from an AD - the LDAP query defines the users that can log in potentially.

However, many users have never logged in so far, but are synced from the AD (and present in the People directory) - do these users receive email notifications, e.g. when user-mentioned on a page or when a page is explicitly shared with them (via their user not by entering their mail address in the share dialog)?

Regards,

Frank

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

Never checked in Confluence, but in Jira they don't get notifications if never logged in, because they are only granted permissions with first login. I suppose it's the same in Confluence.

Andris.

Hey Andris, thanks for sharing your experience. The result doesn't make me happy but at least I know the behavior... :-/

I solved it by running nightly SQL script which adds all users to jira-users group, and restart Jira. You may try to create similar solution for confluence.

This widget could not be displayed.

Add your comments/votes to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35935 which indicates exactly this bug.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

276 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you