Distribution Group access

Jaclyn Haas June 22, 2021

HI! I need to give Confluence access to a distribution group. Is there a way to do this or do I have to grant access to each individual person? There are 700 people in the distribution group. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

How are you representing your distribution group in your user directory?

That's quite a convoluted question on its own.  Confluence, somewhere, has a list of users and groups in a directory.  On Cloud, that could be an internal list driven by Atlassian accounts, or Google accounts, or it could be via Atlassian Access, backed by LDAP or other directories, and so-on.

The question we've got is how your group is mapped into the directory Confluence is using for its list of users (and groups).

Jaclyn Haas June 25, 2021

Thanks for your responce @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Right now its one email address that goes to everyone on the team. like a TeamEveryone@ type address. I don't have an option to add email to the user access area. In Confluence and Jira, it just pulls up names of employees with access and you have the option to add them. Is that the only way to add everyone?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Yes, so that's not a user or group that Confluence or Jira can use as an account or group of accounts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events